Lunch club is available daily between 12 and 1pm. It can be booked as part of your child’s funded time or can be booked as an ad hoc lunch club.
- Children wash their hands before eating
- Practitioners sit with the children while they eat
- Children are expected to eat their sandwiches first and have a drink
- No glass bottles or fizzy drinks are allowed
- Please include an ice pack as we cannot refrigerate lunch boxes
- Children are expected to sit at the table until they have finished eating. They then have quiet time with games and activities until it is time to tidy.
We feel parents know their children best so apart from the above items do not stipulate what should be provided but we do provide the attached guidelines for a healthy lunch.
Guidelines for a healthy lunch box
Please consider the following guidelines when packing your child’s lunchbox.
A lunch box provides a valuable contribution towards a child’s nutritional requirements for a day; therefore they need to be both healthy and appetising.
Variety is the key to a healthier lunch box.
A healthy lunch box should contain:
- A Good portion of starchy food, for example wholemeal roll or bread, pitta, pasta or rice salad
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, for example an apple, satsuma, cherry tomatoes, cucumber or carrot sticks, raisins
- A portion of dairy food, for example cheese or yoghurt
- A drink, for example unsweetened fruit juice diluted 50/50 with water
Food that should be limited:
- Restrict foods high in fat, salt and sugar
- Do NOT include sweets or fizzy drinks
For further information visit enjoyhealthyeating.info
Are you packing a healthy lunchbox?